Saturday, September 5, 2009

In the spirit of Labor Day...

Hey There!

Being that Labor Day marks the end of the Cookout/Bar-B-Que/Grilling season...I thought I would share my latest local BBQ Restaurant adventure!

Thomas Pit Bar-B-Que
7929 Highway 72 W
Madison, AL 35758-9562
(256) 837-4900

I really love this place! It's good and smoky bar-b-que from an actual pit that is in a separate building out back! You can dine in, but the preference is to pull up in line which can sometimes go back about 15 cars! So, you wait as the hickory smell fills your vehicle and you almost go crazy because the ribs are literally calling for you! *smile*

Thomas Pit has a basic Alabama BBQ menu. Smoked Chicken (which is especially good with the white BBQ sauce! "White BBQ Sauce" is an original North Alabama thing!), Pulled Pork, Smoked Beef, Ribs, Potato Salad, Cole Slaw, Bread, Chips, Sauce as well as icebox pies for dessert. Well, on this adventure, I opted for something easy...the Rib Sandwich and Potato Salad.

"Rib Sandwich?" you say? Well, of course we know you cannot eat a sandwich of ribs because the bones could pose a challenge, but the rib sandwich is a great way to get a nice amount of ribs on two slices of toasted texas toast! And the potato salad is absolutely the best "restaurant" potato salad that I have ever tasted. It is not pre-packaged! It is made on site and I really want to believe that it has some of their vinegar based slaw stirred into it...but either way, it is amazing! Thomas Pit is definitely one of my favorite local restaurants and I, for one, am so happy that it still stands after so many years!

So, whenever you are in Madison, Alabama...you should definitely try it!

Thanks for reading!

Here are some pixxies of this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment